Extraordinary developments in the field of bioscience are transforming our lives in ways nobody could have anticipated even a short time ago. At the same time, those breakthroughs are creating complex new business, ethical, and legal challenges.
Gray Plant Mooty’s Bioscience team combines a depth of experience in scientific research and intellectual property issues with the firm’s broad business foundation to help emerging companies and multinational corporations navigate the intricate challenges they face.
Our clients in the field include biotechnology, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies, as well as research institutions and universities.
Bioscience companies seek our advice and counsel in many areas:
- Business strategy for entering the U.S. Market
- Entity formation
- Joint ventures and strategic collaborations
- Contracts and corporate governance
- Design, Engineering & Manufacturing agreement
- Private offering
- Venture capital
- Government regulations and relations
- Compliance & Investigations
- Intellectual property
- Copyright, trademark, and trade secret protection and enforcement
- Patent enforcement
- Portfolio management
- Technology development, manufacturing, and licensing arrangements
- Mergers and acquisitions
- International Law
- Human Resources
- Employment contracts
- Employment policies
- Management training
- Tax Treaty
- Real estate
- Recalls and product liability
- Research, development, and licensing agreements
- AbbeyMoor Medical, Inc.
- Micromedics, Inc.
- Osprey Medical