Christopher A. Carlisle
Principal, M&A Co-Chair, Emerging Company Co-Chair, Venture Capital Finance Co-Chair
Chris Carlisle co-chairs Gray Plant Mooty’s Mergers and Acquisitions, Emerging Company, and Venture Capital Finance teams. He provides a broad range of services to both established and emerging companies in a variety of industries, with significant client concentrations in technology, life science, agribusiness, franchise and manufacturing.
Chris often takes an “outside general counsel” approach with his clients—he acts as the quarterback for executives and managers on all their legal needs, providing them with a single point of contact and accountability for their projects with Gray Plant Mooty. In fulfilling this role, Chris
- has developed a deep understanding of how companies are organized, financed, built and brought to market (sold or brought public);
- guides his clients in each stage of their financing development, from initial founder capitalization, friends, family and “angel” investors, venture capital, strategic partnerships and senior and mezzanine lending;
- provides practical legal and business counsel, delivered with sound business judgment;
- invests off-the-clock time in getting to know his clients and their needs; and
- works hard to earn the role of trusted advisor on both legal and business matters.