John Brower is a business lawyer who specializes in mergers and acquisitions in the middle market. John also advises and counsels closely held businesses and their owners.
Focuses of John’s M&A practice include:
- Buying and selling manufacturers and service businesses;
- Counseling and representation of sellers of closely held businesses;
- Purchases and sales of franchisors and franchise systems. Transactions have included franchisors of hotels, restaurants, fast food, travel services and retail concepts;
- Purchases and sales of ESOPs;
- Representation of executives and management teams whose company is being acquired, including employment agreements and terms of equity grants and rollovers; and
- Representation of strategic acquirors and PE platform companies in ongoing acquisition programs.
John speaks and writes frequently on mergers and acquisitions and business law topics. John co-chairs GPM’s M&A Team.