Our Telecommunications team has represented local, regional, national, and international telecommunications providers in a broad variety of matters before state public utilities commissions, regulatory agencies, and state and federal courts. We advise our clients on compliance related issues, assist them in their interactions with public utilities commissions and other state regulatory agencies, and represent them in disputes with regulatory agencies and other carriers. Our experience includes interconnection negotiations and arbitrations, rulemakings, regulatory compliance investigations, billing disputes, and complaint proceedings relating to local competition.
- Represented competitive local exchange carriers in interconnection arbitration proceedings before state public utilities commissions in six states
- Represented competitive local exchange carriers in actions brought against the incumbent carrier alleging anticompetitive conduct, obtaining orders finding the incumbent carrier acted anticompetitively in willfully violating the parties’ interconnection agreement
- Represented facilities-based competitive local exchange carriers in obtaining approval of the carrier’s 911 plans
- Represented interexchange carriers in actions brought against local exchange carriers regarding access charges
- Represented an interexchange carrier in a class action brought by customers alleging inaccurate billing
- Represented an interexchange carrier in an action brought by the Minnesota Attorney General alleging false advertising
- Represented carriers in obtaining public utilities commission’s approval for mergers and acquisitions