Our Trust & Estate Litigation team brings together the knowledge, experience, and attention to detail that are necessary to provide you with effective representation and solutions to disputes involving trusts, estates, fiduciary responsibilities, tax, and related matters. We approach our work with a keen focus on efficiency and outcome, as well as sensitivity to the emotional and personal aspects of these types of matters.
Our attorneys have extensive experience assisting clients with issues related to the interpretation of will and trust provisions, the administration of trusts and estates, fiduciary relationships, fiduciary duties and obligations, and tax audits and disputes.
We work with trustees, personal representatives, and beneficiaries of trusts and estates to resolve disputes. Planning ahead and communicating effectively can often reduce or eliminate disputes. If a dispute arises, we can assist by listening to the parties involved, providing options to address the issues, and guiding the process toward resolution. If a dispute cannot be resolved in this manner, our experience includes litigation in state and federal courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution, such as mediation and arbitration. If necessary, we advise clients on disputes and litigation relating to:
- Claims regarding fiduciary duties or obligations
- Modifications of will or trust provisions
- Removal or change of trustee or personal representative
- Tax disputes with the IRS or state government including audits, administrative appeals, and tax court procedures
- Testamentary capacity issues
- Undue influence claims
- Validity and enforceability of will or trust provisions
- Valuation of business and other assets
- Will and trust interpretation