MINNEAPOLIS (Feb. 7, 2018) – Gray Plant Mooty and its trademark attorneys are once again recognized as global industry leaders, according to the World Trademark Review® (WTR). Gray Plant Mooty and five of its attorneys — Jennifer Debrow, Dean Eyler, Ashley Bennett Ewald, Sheldon Klein, and Lori Wiese-Parks — are included in the 2018 edition of WTR 1000 – The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals.
In the annual ranking, Gray Plant Mooty was one of only nine firms named to the United States: Minnesota list. In the Minnesota jurisdiction, only Gray Plant Mooty and one other firm had four or more lawyers make the list. Recognized as the longest-standing law firm in Minneapolis and popular among enterprises whose products and services are distributed globally, Gray Plant Mooty received praise for its reliability, accessibility, swiftness, efficiency and ability to extinguish infringement flames.
In the Minnesota-firm ranking narrative, WTR reported that Gray Plant Mooty attorneys are “not one to shy away from David versus Goliath confrontations” and mentioned that last year at this time the team was preparing for a client’s logo trademark infringement battle with Walmart, which has since been resolved.
Here’s what WTR 1000 said individually about the Gray Plant Mooty leading trademark attorneys:
- Jennifer Debrow, practice group chair, was “highly respected by peers” for the professional way she handled matters. Debrow was named (one of 21) to the individual prosecution and strategy category area in Minnesota.
- Dean Eyler, referred to as an “enforcement heavyweight,” was also said to carefully scrutinize court materials and let nothing slip his eye. Eyler was named (one of 15) to the individual enforcement and litigation category in Minnesota.
- Ashley Bennett Ewald was described as a multi-talented, creative strategist with a varied playbook. “Whatever the problem, contentious or non-contentious, she will find a way forward.” Ewald was named to both the individual enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy categories in Minnesota.
- Sheldon Klein was lauded for delivering “exquisite work” that was business-oriented, practical, efficient and helped avoid unnecessary actions at the United States Patent and Trademark Office. In the Washington, D.C., Metro Area jurisdiction, Klein was named to both the individual enforcement and litigation (one of 52) and prosecution and strategy (one of 76) lists.
- Lori Wiese-Parks was recognized for her business savvy, streetwise negotiating prowess and ability to broker a deal with anyone. Wiese-Parks was named to the individual prosecution and strategy category in Minnesota.
WTR 1000 is viewed as the definitive resource for legal trademark expertise. The rankings are based on qualitative research to identify the firms and individuals deemed outstanding in this critical area of practice. To identify the leading firms, factors such as depth of expertise, market presence and the level of work are all taken into account along with peer and client feedback.
About Gray Plant Mooty
Gray Plant Mooty is recognized as one of the leading corporate law firms in Minnesota and one of the top franchise firms in the world. We are a 185-lawyer, full-service firm with offices in Minneapolis and St. Cloud, Minn.; Washington, D.C.; and Fargo, N.D. Our attorneys and staff provide exceptional client service and value, and comprehensive legal services on a regional, national and global basis. Our roots date back to 1866. Learn more at www.gpmlaw.com.